Solutions Engineer (Presales) – Security
Solutions Engineer (Presales)
ConSol Partners’ client is one of the world’s leading cloud services organisations with an array of FTSE100 clients. After huge success from their original portfolio they have developed several new lines within the business – web division. With a host of new products it is a great time to join the organisation with a great reputation and on the back of year-on-year success. The company is well known to have a fantastic working environment with regular promotion encouraged.
As a solutions engineer you will have a proven track record of understanding business requirements, defining solutions and meeting technical requirements. You will be expected to maintain relationships with key customers lead technical sales activities and be subject matter expert in your field.
Some key responsibilities but not limited to:
- Driving revenue and creating sales opportunities by managing the pre-sales technical processes.
- Design solutions for customer’s business requirements the company you portfolio.
- Liaise with direct sales teams and product managers to keep customers well informed of the solutions on offer.
- Well versed with Respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs) and Request For Information (RFI)
- Marinating excellent customer satisfaction by understanding and over-delivering against Customer expectations
- Actively participate in development and delivery of regional marketing plan, including conferences, customer and channel partner events, whitepapers and blog posts, contributions to news articles and press releases
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally 40%+ of the time
- Minimum 2 years of relevant presales or similar experience with complex solutions
- Experience with cloud solutions e.g. Security solutions (DDoS, Firewalls etc) or Web related
- A strong understanding of Internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.)
- Proven ability to collaborate across all roles (presales, sales, post-sales, engineering) in a global, geographically distributed organization.
- An excellent communicator able to provide effective demonstrations to key technical and business stakeholders.
Nice to have
- Experience withEnterprise or Internet Security and have an understanding of basic security functional elements like DDoS protection or firewalls.
- Hands-on experience in one or more web development technologies – Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java