Senior Systems Engineer – (Big Data training provided) – London
Senior Systems Engineer – Leading Big Data Specialists – London
Location: London | Salary: £60 000 – £100 000 | Consultant: Faheem Musa
ConSol Partner’s client is a consulting arm of one of the most recognisable Big Data/Analytics vendors in the world. They provide end-to-end specialist professional services/solutions to their elite clients. They are pioneers in the big data world; providing data science and engineering services to leading organisations across multiple sectors allowing them to prosper efficiently and increase revenue by attaining the best value of their data. As market leaders within the Big Data world they implement the latest including to some of the biggest brands across the globe, including Intel, UBS, Facebook, EBay and EMC.
*Certified Hortonworks, Cloudera and MapR training provided*
ConSol Partner’s clients are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in a consultative manner with key clients in ensuring the delivery of solutions to the highest standard. You will play an integral part from planning through to delivery, making sure of the timeline, documentation, PoC, deployment management and handover of the final solution. You will be required to deploy monitoring tools, automation tools, and processes for security and performance assurance. This will include owning all non-functional requirements, researching and building tools to meet requirements.
Some key duties, but not limited to include:
- Defining non-functional requirements
- Cluster sizing
- Production of large scale systems
- Managing stakeholders
- Implementation/deployment of large scale systems
- Hardening, documenting, handover, training
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Very strong experience in supporting large scale complex systems
- Proficient with Linux OS – RedHat is preferred
- DevOps experience, using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as AWS and Azure
- Scripting experience and use of Java is well advised
- Hands on experience of working in an Agile environment
- Consulting experience or possess a consultative approach
Good to have:
- Experience of Big Data technologies i.e. Hadoop environment
- Project Lead experience / Scrum Master
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world’s leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital. The expansion of network COMMUNICATIONS empowers the next generation of online CLOUD technology which inspires and enables the evolution of DIGITAL content.
Listed for the last three consecutive years by the “Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For”, twice in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track Top 50 fastest growing UK companies list and named as the 2015 Best Staffing Firm to Work For by Staffing Industry Analysts, ConSol Partners has worked successfully on assignments in 55 different countries.
Apply for more info.