Senior Designer – Railway Rolling Stock
Senior Designer – Railway Rolling Stock
Contract length: 6-12 month contract with likely extension
ConSol Partners are currently working closely with a leading client in the rail industry who require nultiple Senior Design Engineers to join the team on a contract basis. Having landed some extremely large orders, they are looking to take on 6 engineers on for an immediate start.
- Roof & Underframes
- Electrical Installations
- Work independently making reasoned and justifiable decisions with respect to developing concept designs based on inputs received from the Customer
- Demonstrate the application of experience & lessons learnt on design solutions
- Have a current working knowledge of Rail industry standards across different European regions
- Communicate clearly complex technical details to the customer and off-shore team
- Possess the ability to:-
- Explain and apply basic engineering design principles
- Explain & propose design solutions across the Mechanical – Electrical interface
- Verify the functionality/ feasibility of the solution
- Explain and manage the interfaces with other surrounding parts considering tolerances, ease of assembly, manufacturability, repeatability and ease of installation
- Complete 3D models in concept design phase and develop the solution to the preliminary design phase, including successfully passing the required internal & Customer review gates
- Design for manufacture and the ability to explain the design consequence on manufacturing process
- Analyse and propose modifications on the new designs taking reference from the previous platforms
- Ensure the proposed design are checked and processed in PDM to the next stage
- Appropriately select or justify not using materials and standard parts from customers library
Experience Requirements – Roof & Underframes & Interiors
- Knowledge on welding standards as per EN requirements
- Knowledge on tolerance stack-up analysis and recommend feasible studies in accordance with manufacturing capabilities
- Experience on Ceilings, Vestibules, Interends, Seats, Floor & Sidewalls
- Experience in Mechanical Installation designs & fixings for underframe equipment (e.g. Battery rafts, traction equipment), including secondary retention.
- Experience in the design and installation of piping and associated routings.
Experience Requirements – Electrical Installations
- Good understanding on EMI/EMC requirements for wiring harness installation and relevant standards
- Knowledge of the design installation for AC-DC traction voltage systems per UIC 550 standard
- Experience in Electrical Installation Design for HV and LV devices for rolling stock design solutions
- Exposure in interpreting Electrical Schematics, creation of Wiring Line diagrams & Cable and Harness Design
- Experience in electrical Component Sizing and Selection/Calculations – Cables, cable trays/supports, Contactors, Relays, Miniature circuit breakers, MCCB, Servo motor, Drives etc.
CATIA, Wire Harness Design, Routing and Enovia VPM, E3/E PLAN
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus – Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
- Organisational Agility
- Problem solving ability
- Logical Thinking
- Effective Time management
Interviews are likely to be taking place from the 15/06/2017 so if of interest please contact Billy Precup at ConSol Partners on 02081502582, or drop me an email at with your most up-to-date CV and cover letter elaborating your experiences relevant to the job description.
We are a leading consultancy for expansion in the Mechanical Design market. We work in collaboration with growing organisations on exclusive assignments to find them the best talent in the industry.
ConSol Partners focus only in this niche market so can offer unrivalled sector knowledge, key insight into companies hiring and professional delivery to manager your job search from start to finish.