Mechanical Design / Product Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer / Product Design Engineer – Solidworks
Contract length: 6-12 month contract with likely extension
Rate: Dependant on experience
ConSol Partners are currently working closely with a leading client in the special purpose machinery industry who require a Solidworks Design Engineer to join the team on a contract basis. Having obtained some extremely large orders, they are looking to take on 1-2 engineers for an immediate start.
Using Solidworks to develop a range of products which can be sold stand alone, which can be manufactured within the existing facilities of the company. The source of these products could be:
Reverse engineering of:
- A product they already have available.
- A Product they buy in, strip down / reverse engineer, re build and sell on.
- A product they know about, and there is enough information in the market place to design one.
- A new product from a blank sheet of paper based on in house technology / knowledge.
Typical products that may fall into this category are:
- Bin lifters / Tippers
- New conveyors for different environments / applications.
Design intent / criteria:
- Each product should be designed as standard with a range (to be specified) of variants.
- Common components should be used across the range.
- The designs should maximise manufactured content.
- Upon ordering, the product should go to manufacturing with minimal engineering input.
- Documents need to be standard and things like OMI’s need to easily cover the entire range.
- BOM’s need to be standard.
Once products are available for sale and orders received they will be processed via the Product Design team this will include:
- Liaison with the customer
- Issuing of BOM’s
- Issuing of drawings
- Engineering of any non-standard engineering elements
- Input into the creation / issuing of OMI’s etc.
Interviews are likely to be taking place from the 05/06/2017 so if of interest please contact Billy Precup at ConSol Partners on 02081502582, or drop me an email at with your most up-to-date CV and cover letter elaborating your experiences relevant to the job description.
We are a leading consultancy for expansion in the Mechanical Design market. We work in collaboration with growing organisations on exclusive assignments to find them the best talent in the industry.
ConSol Partners focus only in this niche market so can offer unrivalled sector knowledge, key insight into companies hiring and professional delivery to manager your job search from start to finish.