IBM WCM Consultant / Architect
ConSol Partners client is a global information technology company who are looking for a IBM WCM Consultant / architect to join the team. The project will be based in Vienna, Austria. This a very rewarding roll which will add to your existing impressive set of skills and experience.
As a IBM WCM Consultant / architect at ConSol Partners client, you will be able to work both solely and as a team. You will have a passion for technology and Support the Corporate Applications team when dealing with the Infrastructure Team in the WPS/WCM upgrade exercise and specially in the Proof of Concept (PoC) from current version 6.1.5 up to the target version 8.5.
Your daily tasks will include the following:
- Identifying all potential issues and helping fixing encountered issues especially in the WCM assets (content items, templates, components, etc.) migration from version 6.1.5 to 8.5
- Supporting the Infrastructure team with advise on application architectural issues which have an implication on infrastructure architectural decisions and strategies (e.g. in the areas of disaster recovery, availability and security)
- Reformulating business requirements into Infrastructure architectural requirements such as availability, latent capacity, performance, scalability, security, serviceability and fault tolerance
- Support the Project Manager, Intranet Service Manager and Web Applications Architect with the work for the implementation of the scope of the new Intranet projects and concretely with the provision of strategy, advise, hands-on work and prototyping in the areas of:
- WPS/WCM Information architecture
- WCM libraries structuring
- WCM Inheritance strategy
- WCM Templating (CTC)
- WPS/WCM Access Rights Structure
- WCM Content Personalisation and Customisations rules and solutions
- Rationalisation of WCM resources
- Selection of a Front-end Web Editor for the WCM Editors
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Knowledge transfer to the client (Infrastructure and Application areas)
- University degree with minimum 7 years hands on experience in IBM WebSphere Portal Server and IBM Web Content Manager (WCM)
- Good knowledge in solution architecture, in particular in Information Architecture.
- Expertise in IBM WebSphere Portal Server and Web Content Manager V6.0, V7, V8, V8.5
- Expertise in IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x, 6.x, 7, 8, 8.5
- Expertise in CTC (content Template catalogue) for WebSphere Portal 8.x
- Expertise in JSR 286 Portlets
- Knowledge or expertise in IBM WebSphere Portal Server/WCM performance and tuning will be beneficial
- Proven experience in upgrade projects and migration of assets through different major IBM WebSphere Portal Server/WCM versions (6.1.5 -> 7 -> 8 -> 8.5)
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation
- Good Communication skills in English, interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Prince 2
- Knowledge in Google Search Appliance will be very beneficial
Location: Austria, Vienna
Contract Length: 3 Months + Extension
Day Rate: Very Attractive
We are interviewing for this role immediately. Please click the link below to find out more information and apply for the role.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world’s leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.