Embedded SW Engineer
ConSol Partners’ client is a market leader in Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity with an increasing portfolio of wireless devices. Their products are used by some of the world’s leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming controllers, sports and fitness sensors, advanced multi-media controllers, IoT, wireless keyboards and mice, and RF remote controls.
They are looking for a candidate with strong software development experience to join their versatile Hardware Functional Verification team. You will become one of the first engineers to develop software and firmware for their new world-class MCU devices.
You will join a small team of highly talented development engineers of many nationalities, working in a relaxed environment at their R&D headquarters. You will be cooperating with both hardware designers and system architects as they create and validate new designs. Your work in this team, with pre-silicon FGPAs and prototype ASICs, will impact the design of their products and contribute to the success of the company.
You will contribute to the development of the team’s software framework by enhancing and extending its capabilities. You are expected to take initiative for proposing and implementing improvements, and to identify possibilities for innovation in their infrastructure as they expand into new areas.
You are already an advanced software/firmware developer with:
- A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent engineering subject
- Several years of experience with low-level embedded programming
- Proficiency in embedded C
- Strong analytical and innovative problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
You also have several of the following skills and competencies:
- Python or similar scripting language
- Git or similar distributed version control system
- SCons or similar code-building system
- Bamboo, Jenkins or similar software continuous integration system
- GNU binutils and other components of the GCC toolchain
- GDB or similar low-level debugging environment
- Comfortable using Linux as a development environment
- Docker or similar container technology, for process isolation
- Knowledge of computer architecture
- Knowledge of ARM Architecture & experience with ARM Cortex cores
- Experience with embedded unit testing
- Knowledge of ISTQB or similar principles
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world’s leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.