Building Services Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract length: Permanent or ‘Temp to Perm’
ConSol Partners are currently working closely with a family run building services company who require a Design Engineer to join the team on a contract/permanent basis. Being extremely busy and with great propospects for the future they would potentially consider more than one applicant!
Mechanical Design Engineer
- BTEC Building Services HNC as a minimum
- CIBSE or similar Accredited Body Association
- Minimum 5 years Experience in the Industry (Contracting or Consultancy Background)
- AutoCAD / Revit Experience would be beneficial
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working predominately as a subcontractor to various local and National Main Contractors on D&B projects where the successful candidate would be required to carry out detailed design proposals taken from basic tender designs through to construction status.
- Long Hand designs in Excel or similar spreadsheets and / or HEVACOMP are a must for the purpose of pipe sizing, duct sizing & main plant sizing etc
- A good knowledge of the Part L Building Regulations is also a must along with an understanding of the Gas Regulations, F gas, SBEM, Thermal Models, SAP, BRUKL and BREEAM targets.
- Technical Submissions of all plant and associated materials to meet the design briefs will need to be provided along with the associated liaisons with manufacturers and relevant subcontractors
- An Electrical / Controls awareness would be beneficial in order to assist you in populating Electrical / Controls interface schedules to ensure there are no ambiguities in the contracted scope of works between the packages.
- Good communication levels are a must in order to convey our design proposals to Main Contractors and their clients as part of the overall design team in a clear, precise and articulate manner at the necessary design meetings to progress the works.
- RFI’s will need to be generated and tracked as the design process evolves.
- The successful candidate should have good commercial awareness with due consideration to Value Engineering proposals with innovation to be able to satisfy the tender brief with design proposals being offered whilst at the same time provide commercial betterment wherever possible.
- Whilst the majority of design work will be on ‘Live’ projects some high level design may occasionally be required on speculative tender enquires at a higher level in the form of pencil designs to assist the Estimating Team with occasional back up meetings with our clients in support of our proposed designs.
- Some site surveys on speculative tenders and those in support of our installation teams on ‘Live’ projects will also from time to time feature as part of the role.
- An ability to use AutoCAD would also be beneficial and / or working alongside CAD Engineers to impact the detail of the pencil designs into our design proposal offering’s.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus Company Car or Car allowance, Company pension and BUPA Health Care Package.
They are looking to line up interviews from the 19/06/2017 so if of interest please send your CV with a covering letter elaborating your skillset/experiences relevant to the job description
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world’s leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.